1. To receive Veteran's Preference, proof of your honorable discharge must be submitted at the time of filing of application (COPY OF DD214).
2. Disabled applicants requiring special testing arrangements/considerations should contact the Human Resources Department prior to the final filing date of application.
3. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to show proof of their legal right to work in the United States at the time of hire. Original documentation is required as proof.
4. Proof of valid California Drivers' License shall be required if the operation of a motor vehicle is required in carrying out the duties of the position.
5. As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass a city paid medical exam. For positions which require the operation of a commercial vehicle, new hires shall also be required to pass a drug test.
6. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The City of Hawthorne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing all individuals equal opportunity in employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or service as a Vietnam-era veteran.
THE CITY OF HAWTHORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER