Policy for Granting an on-street Handicapped Parking Space
1. The City only grants permits for on-street handicapped parking spaces, if there is no area on the private property for loading and unloading of handicapped persons.
2. The person residing at the location uses the space on a daily basis.
3. The request for disabled parking shall be accompanied by an original physician’s verification including the following information:
·Type of disability
·Status of disability as to permanent or temporary duration
·Physician’s telephone number for verification
4. If location is determined to be possible, and is in a residential neighborhood, a petition will be required and signed by adjacent residents and the three (3) residents directly on the opposite side of the street.
5. If approved, an installation fee of $200.00 is required.
6. Applications can be obtained from Public Works counter at City Hall. Call for additional information.